Another Day Another $$

Well it's time again.  I feel like I'm not quite sure how often I want to post these, I guess when ever I feel like its time that's when I should do it right :)  Anyways I have a couple of new pictures and really things that I have learned from them and the experiences in them so here we go.  

Well this first one is my coworkers.  They are pretty awesome in their own individual ways.  Delaney is on the right, she just started working after Christmas Break.  Her Dad know's John Tripp, my boss, so she was able to work the connection through him.  Though we have definitely enjoyed bringing her on board.  She is a nutrition major and she is a Freshmen in college right now.  She is able to help with Biology and Nutrition questions and she really just helps out with what ever we are working on.  Then there is Greg on the left.  He has been working here technically as long as I have but he quit for a little bit to go and explore the lands to the south (aka Las Vegas) he wasn't really able to keep his job there so he came back here and he is working with us at Success and he is also working at the D.I.  He recently was interviewed for a job as a job coach trainer.  We are hoping that he gets it, I think it would be awesome for him but it would be sad to see him go.  They both make me laugh in there own separate ways. 

Its kind of crazy the things that they have us do here at Success Academy.  We all have subbed for different teachers classes at one point or another which in and of itself is crazy to me that they would trust us with that.  We also travel over to Canyon View every morning to help with a study hall class.  Where the kids work on homework and what not and ask us questions if they need help.  We also have one that is on Wednesday's at Cedar High but that one is only 20 minutes long.  Both of these classes have been pretty good for the most part though we have had to restructure both of them at one point or another.  

Aside from helping students with homework and subbing they also have us do little office things.  We have stuff envelopes before and as you can see here we are working with a cart full of Chromebooks to make sure they are all working so we can asses where they can go and who can use them.  Actually we finished this project today.  We switched to full carts of Chromebooks so that the new ones could go into the science lab and the old ones can replace the ones that are being used out at Canyon View.  We have also cleaned out closets, moved things around, set up emails for incoming Freshmen, and also we have loaded students into a Education Learning Database so that the kids can have greater resources to help them in preparing for College Education.  We have also helped fill a bulletin outside our office with different Colleges, Jobs, and Scholarships to help kids see further than they might have on there own.  


Well I guess that I can talk about my coworkers a little bit and why I look up to them.  Greg is a recent convert of I think about 2 years now.  He was born and raised in Pennsylvania.  He is a short person, but that doesn't really make any difference to him.  He actually meet his wife and started investigating the church when he went to a little person convention in San Diego.  He said they started talking and the rest was history.  She told him that she loved the church more than him and that if he wanted their relationship to go anywhere he should definitely look into it.  Which he did and shortly later was baptized.  They have been married and then a year later were sealed for time and all eternity in the St. George, Utah temple.  He and his wife are expecting a baby in July.  Which is another incredible story.  With short people there is a chance that they will pass on to there children the dominant gene so if that were to happen where both Greg and his wife passed it on the baby would be born and not have long to live.  Which is really scary to think about.  There is also the chance the baby could be short as well, and there is also the chance they could be tall.  Greg says with all of the tests and different things the doctors are pretty optimistic the baby will be healthy, and also be full height, which is pretty crazy.  Greg gives me inspiration that no matter what happens the Lord is always looking out for us and wants us to succeed in everything that we do in life.  He moved from Pennsylvania for a girl, alone but he has been blessed for it.  

Delaney was recently Married and Sealed for time and eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple.  She married a guy that was also going to school here, but is originally from Sandy or somewhere around there.  Delaney is originally from Syracuse, Utah and as I said is a nutrition major.  She is always happy and smiling and super spunky.  She keeps Greg and I on our toes and always moving forward.  She helps me remember that even when life is hard there is always something to smile about.  She also has taught me to always be myself for that is when people will really enjoy being around me.  
   

Well this next picture is a picture of President Eyring, as I'm sure you can tell.  He is the 1st councilor in the 1st Presidency.  Yes this last weekend was General Conference.  There was so much that was said, that its hard to keep it all straight.  For those of you reading this that do not know what general conference is it is mainly a time where the body of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints gathers either physically in the conference center on temple square in Salt Lake City, Utah, or online or over cable and tv or radio transmissions.  It is a time where the leaders of the church address the church as a whole.  It is a great time in my family at least.  My mom always makes the best treats.  We lie around in our pajamas most of the day watching and taking notes.  The picture below is a picture of my Mom and Dad watching Saturday Morning Conference.  One of the greatest traditions that is still alive today in my family is that on Saturday night all the men go to Priesthood Conference and afterward we go and get Ice Cream.  Its really a good time to be with my Brother, Brother In Law, and my Dad and just enjoy some good Ice Cream.

Somethings that stuck out to me that where mentioned in most of the talks were that need need to be in tune with and follow the Spirit as much as we can.  The Spirit is the 3rd Member of the Godhead that does not have a body.  This allows him to be with us to guide and direct us in our lives.  It can give us comfort in times of trial and warn against danger, and can also help us to make decisions that are important in our lives.  One of the things that I have always had a hard time with and I have felt that goes up and down through out my life is truly recognizing the Spirit and acting upon the promptings that we receive.  There was a talk by Elder Rasband that said basically when we receive a prompting from the Spirit we need to follow as soon as we get it.  The first time, I think he may have titled his talk "First Time Respondents" or something like that.  Basically if we act the first time we receive a prompting from the Spirit we will be right 9/10 times.  As we follow the Spirit the Lord is more and more likely to give us more and more promptings in our lives which is awesome.  This is one thing that I have been trying to do better in my life is when I have a feeling to act on it the first time and not question whether or not I should, or whether or not it is from the Spirit.  There was also a talk by Elder Ballard, this talked a lot about goal setting and planning and where we want to end up.  There were a lot of other things that I learned from this conference, and to be honest I might write a whole other blog post on what I learned from it and what I continue to learn from.   


Well the next part of this blog post is just the everyday things that I do every day that makes life beautiful.  This picture right here is of Greg my coworker.  You saw him above and I have already talked about him quite a bit.  This picture though is just a little snip it of probably one of the most boring days of my week.  I told you a lot of the things that we do at my work.  Those days when we actually have stuff that we are working on are really the abnormality it feels like.  We usually don't have a lot going on, that is really how I have been able to write these blog posts really in my down time.  But there are things that happen every day that I take for granted.  Such as the small little moments that I get to know my co workers better, the small little moments that I get to learn from them and better myself in the process.

The picture below is one of my little sister.  She has a lot going for her right now.  She has graduated from college, she has got a job in her field that she loves.  She is just a great person and desires to achieve and reach high.  I guess these two little sections that I have talked about Greg and Angela are in here so that I remember how beautiful and precious the time spent with others is.  We can learn and grow from each other, from conversations, for experiences with each other.  As we learn these things they become apart of us and we should never want to give those up, or replace them with something else.

These experiences are what define us what make us who we are on a daily basis.  The time that I spend with Greg is so much different then the time that I spend with Angela.  When I'm with Greg I really want to be working to be doing something to be helping students improve themselves, and a lot of the time I don't have that but I'm able to learn from Greg from his experiences and he imparts wisdom to me generously and helps me see what I really should be looking at and what is really important.

The time I spend with Angela I learn from her, how she boldly moves forward with her life.  Its usually late at night when she gets off work we have these bonding moments I guess you could call them where we talk about random different things.  I gain a lot from those.  A lot of the time she just wants to watch TV and relax which is still a blessing to be able to spend time with her, and bond over different events that happen on TV.  The other day this kind of brought a smile to my face, she told me that she had changed her ring tone for me to the Friends Theme Song, and reason why is because her and I watched basically the whole series of Friends start to finish together (don't judge me) and that time spent together could have been a waste but now looking at it I realize it was time spent with here where just being in each others presence helped us develop and strengthen and deepen that bond of family.  Its amazing if we will just take a minute and think about all the things that we do on a daily basis and why we do them.  We can realize what is most important in our lives, and what we as a person desire to become, and have later on in our lives.  


I guess the main point of this Blog post is to help me to realize and hopefully help you to realize as well that each day that we are given is a gift, each experience is a gift from God.  We should not do take them for granted but we should live each day in thanksgiving to God for all that he has given us.  For his Son, Jesus Christ, for we know "Through Christ all things are possible."  We may not particularly like where we are now, but if we look at it with a different perspective we can see how God has blessed us.  We can move forward wanting that dream and doing things that will make us better, will make us smarter that will help us achieve that goal.  While we are on that path though never take one moment for granted.

That's it for the Blog Post.  Till next time See Ya!!!

Comments

  1. I love to read your blog I have one but it's private if you want to read it let me know
    Karrilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much son!!! I am so proud of you and who you are!! Thanks for being you, you teach me so much!! I hope and wish I could be the best mom for you but I know I am not that great but I am working at it and above all I love you with all of my heart!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World of Warcraft Level 70 Holy Paladin

It's Been a Minute

Genie + at Disneyland